New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
We’re a team of AI, tech, and language experts whose DNA lives in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every human language technology product on the market. Now we’re building an industry-leading knowledge management platform. Our proprietary, cutting-edge natural language processing capabilities transform unstructured data into meaningful experiences that increase productivity with unmatched accuracy and speed.
This six month contract position at Pryon is designed to help us explore new areas of visual document processing, focused specifically on PDFs. The central project of this position will be to create a reliable and powerful parser that builds off existing tools and libraries to extract a variety of visual information from PDF files, including text display data, image display data, and embedded files. The contractor will work both independently and alongside the research team, writing code and running experiments to develop a clean, extensible library for parsing PDFs. Experience with web page layout (HTML and CSS) is a plus. Industry or research experience in data analytics, machine learning, and software development is also desirable.
In This Role, You Will
- Work both independently and in collaboration with other researchers to build a robust visual PDF parser
- Write scripts and modules to programmatically extract formatting and display information from PDF files
What You'll Need to Be Successful
- Proficiency in Python is a must. Familiarity with HTML and CSS is a strong plus, as is experience with Jira and Git
- Excellent written communication skills, demonstrated by the ability to create clear and comprehensive documentation and reports
- Team player with ability to work in a close knit, fast paced startup environment
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
100% Company paid Health/Dental/Vision benefits for you and your dependents
Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is authorized to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
Pryon is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.