Director, Information Technology
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2023
We’re a team of AI, tech, and language experts whose DNA lives in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every human language technology product on the market. Now we’re building an industry-leading knowledge management platform. Our proprietary, cutting-edge natural language processing capabilities transform unstructured data into meaningful experiences that increase productivity with unmatched accuracy and speed.
We are looking for a dedicated Director of Information Technology to lead our IT department and take over the supervision of our infrastructure, usage of cloud SaaS technologies and software applications. The responsibilities include identifying the best applications for the business's needs, installing the software, and upgrading and repairing the software as needed.
To be successful as an Director of Information Technology, you should have a strong working knowledge of SaaS and Cloud platform administration, as well as expertise with IT / computer troubleshooting. Ultimately, a top-notch candidate should have excellent technical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to adhere to deadlines.
In This Role, You Will:
- Handle full and complete administration and management of business applications that help run and operate our business including: Office365 E3/E5, Google Workspace, Slack, Zoom, Atlassian - Confluence, Atlassian Jira, and other SaaS Products
- Implement annual management, socialization and aspirations that are manifested in a yearly Information Technology roadmap
- Analyze business operations and the business's systems that support it while determining which software applications could improve efficiency
- Lead the migration to Microsoft Office365 from Google Suite
- Application Access Management and controls in line with security best practices and recommendations
- Process improvement and management of Onboarding and Offboarding tactics
- Creation and enforcement of Information Technology policies and principles, either through technology or training of employees
- Evaluate of software application stack, usage metrics and recommendations annually
- Monitor the roll-out of new software applications and administration
- Troubleshoot and resolve any problems with any business application
- Create and oversee protocols and procedures for the use of any new software applications
- Train employees on the use of any new software applications and maintaining a good and positive work atmosphere
- Manage local area networks, installing and maintaining routers, generating email addresses, and creating passwords and backups
- Create, execute, and maintain company databases
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the latest software developments
What You'll Need to Be Successful
- A bachelor's or graduate's degree in programming, computer engineering, computer science, or a related field
- 7-10 years experience as an IT Manager or Director, managing all aspects of software and IT principles in a growing organization or equivalent experience
- Direct and proven experience administering Microsoft Cloud (Office 365) applications, including migrations
- Experience working as an IT specialistBroad working knowledge of cloud and SaaS application management and administration experience
- Experience with database management and project managementExcellent technical skills
- Expertise in troubleshooting potential threats, viruses and avoidance of computer issues
- The ability to remain up-to-date with the latest software developments
- Strong leadership, management, and customer service skillsGreat analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- The ability to handle stressful situations and operate with ambiguity
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
100% Company paid Health/Dental/Vision benefits for you and your dependents
Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is authorized to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
Pryon is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.