Head of Operations
Westport, CT, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
Welcome to Pryon, a place for people who want to define the state of the art: real AI (oxymoron intended), developed by real pioneers, solving real problems of consequence. Our company was built by some of the most well-known experts in the field, whose DNA lives on in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every other AI product on the market. But the best part of the story is still to come: We’re creating a world-class culture fueled by intellectual curiosity and radical technology — to reduce the distance between knowledge and people.
We’re a team of AI, tech, and language experts whose DNA lives in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every human language technology product on the market. Now we’re building an industry-leading knowledge management platform. Our proprietary, cutting-edge natural language processing capabilities transform unstructured data into meaningful experiences that increase productivity with unmatched accuracy and speed.
Pryon is looking for a Head of Operations oversee day to day operations with a focus on data, technology and process. In this role, you will oversee all aspects of Pryon’s operational strategy and execution as we rapidly scale all aspects of the business. As a demonstrated leader, you will play a key role in growth and profitability by successfully aligning the company’s operations with its overall business goals and objectives. You will assess the technology and processes currently in place across the company with an eye towards efficiency, risk mitigation and profitability. The ideal candidate is a motivated professional with exceptional leadership, time management skills and strong, clear communication. If you are performance and data driven and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and be hands-on in a fast-paced and rapidly evolving environment, please read on!
In This Role, You Will:
- Own and oversee all company day to day operations and act as a driving force for the company’s expansion and growth
- Function as a strategic business partner to the President, identifying and assessing growth opportunities as well as near-term and long-term operational priorities
- Translate the company's strategic vision into execution, driving a high-performance culture, setting and enforcing standards within the Operations team
- Achieve efficiency and scalability through standardization of processes and procedures by creating and implementing SOPs
- Collaborate closely with executive leadership, product, engineering, marketing, finance, and other key stakeholders to deliver on strategic goals
- Generate and provide operational reports to the President and the CEO.
What You'll Need to Be Successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, logistics, engineering, or other industry-related field required - MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience in senior operations leadership roles (Director, VP or above) in a high-growth environment
- Experience in leading Operations through Seed-A-B-C stages and beyond, with a track record of success in scaling businesses or divisions in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- A proven track record of building and growing high-performing teams. Strong leadership skills that inspire and motivate others to achieve their best. Proven ability to develop talent and build a culture of continuous learning and improvement
- Strong reliance on data; all decisions are supported by facts and numbers
- Process-centric – proven track record of building Operations processes as well as the discipline required to adhere to them
- Collaborative work style with colleagues across business functions to analyze and draw actionable conclusions that improve operations
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
100% Company paid Health/Dental/Vision benefits for you and your dependents
Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is authorized to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
Pryon is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.