Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 3, 2023
Welcome to Pryon, a place for people who want to define the state of the art: real AI (oxymoron intended), developed by real pioneers, solving real problems of consequence. Our company was built by some of the most well-known experts in the field, whose DNA lives on in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every other AI product on the market. But the best part of the story is still to come: We’re creating a world-class culture fueled by intellectual curiosity and radical technology — to reduce the distance between knowledge and people.
We’re a team of AI, tech, and language experts whose DNA lives in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every human language technology product on the market. Now we’re building an industry-leading knowledge management platform. Our proprietary, cutting-edge natural language processing capabilities transform unstructured data into meaningful experiences that increase productivity with unmatched accuracy and speed.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will contribute to the design, development, and implementation of highly complex software components and microservices integrated into cloud architectures. This position requires a high-functioning person who can not only self-manage (within a structure) and coordinate directly with our Research and Product teams, but who is also interested in learning new theories, concepts, principles, and methodologies that will help us achieve our goals.
In This Role, You Will:
- Work closely with peers to design & code robust scalable, loosely coupled components and micro-services that integrate with both public and private cloud infrastructure, as well as on-prem applications
- Apply architecture and design principles consistently and holistically to enable target end-to-end usage scenarios.
- Provide good focus on DevOps use-cases and workflows
- Work to drive decisions through a crisp decision-making process and framework
- Analyze criteria and options and obtain necessary data to answer key questions
What You'll Need to Be Successful
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 1 year and a Master’s degree; or a Ph.D. without experience; or equivalent work experience
- Basic knowledge of development & deployment across multiple cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, VMWare and OpenStack
- Working knowledge of micro-service architectures & large-scale API design and development
- Understanding of service mesh frameworks (Istio), container systems (Docker), and orchestration platforms (ECS, Kubernetes, Mesos and/or Swarm)
- Experience in developing solutions using automation tools such as Ansible, Chief, Puppet, System Center
- Working knowledge of Relational and NoSQL databases
- Operating System knowledge of Linux, OS Processes, Threads, Scheduling, Synchronization, Memory Management, and Input/Output device management
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a dynamic high performing environment
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications
- Participates in cross functional design teams to develop expertise in other modules/systems
- Excellent organizational agility and interpersonal skills
- Coding experience in languages such as Golang, Java, Python, C#, and C/C++.
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
100% Company paid Health/Dental/Vision benefits for you and your dependents
Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is authorized to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
Pryon is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.