Vice President, Finance
Software Engineering, Accounting & Finance
Westport, CT, USA
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2023
Welcome to Pryon, a place for people who want to define the state of the art: real AI (oxymoron intended), developed by real pioneers, solving real problems of consequence. Our company was built by some of the most well-known experts in the field, whose DNA lives on in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every other AI product on the market. But the best part of the story is still to come: We’re creating a world-class culture fueled by intellectual curiosity and radical technology — to reduce the distance between knowledge and people.
We’re a team of AI, tech, and language experts whose DNA lives in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every human language technology product on the market. Now we’re building an industry-leading knowledge management platform. Our proprietary, cutting-edge natural language processing capabilities transform unstructured data into meaningful experiences that increase productivity with unmatched accuracy and speed.
Pryon is looking for a VP of Finance who will be responsible for overseeing all financial matters for the company. In this role, you will be responsible for leading Pryon’s strategic financial initiatives, financial and accounting policies, systems and processes, budget planning and management, tax requirements, ongoing forecasting, financial modeling, and growth plans. You will report directly to the President & COO.
In This Role, You Will Focus on Several Areas, including Financial Planning & Analysis:
- Manage and drive the FP&A function, partnering closely with key stakeholders across the business
- Lead the annual operating budget process, track and report on performance relative to plan, and manage ongoing rolling forecasts
- Provide recommendations that support revenue growth targets, improve profitability, and increase operational efficiency
- Preparation of materials for meetings of the Board of Directors
- Develop organizational prospects by studying economic trends and revenue opportunities; analyzing organizational operations; identifying opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement; and accumulating capital to fund expansion
- Develop and maintain accounting policies and procedures
- Own and optimize reporting and analysis for the Accounting function
- Plan, organize and coordinate the year-end close process with external auditors
- Oversee payroll and cash flow management
- Ensure successful completion of the company’s tax filings
- Oversee the preparation of regular financial statements
- Oversee the end to end monthly close process
- Oversee Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable
- Ensure that company financial records are maintained in compliance with GAAP policies for external audit
- Manage cash management and maximize return on invested funds by identifying investment opportunities and maintaining relationships with the investment community
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including investors, lenders and other financial institutions
- Work closely with the executive team on critical resource allocation decisions including budgeting strategy
- Analysis of market trends; make recommendations based on findings
- Engage with existing investors to keep them apprised of the state of the business
- Prepare information for and interact with new investors across various types of financing
- Contribute to pricing strategy and contract negotiations
- Stay apprised of market conditions to optimize cash management strategies
What You'll Need to Be Successful:
- You're a driver of financial discipline, fact-based decision-making, and financial visibility/transparency
- Experience in SaaS growth firms and the pace of planning and execution needed for world class financial operations.
- Familiarity with SaaS Metrics and Sales / Marketing Operational Metrics for scaling the execution of high-growth SaaS firms.
- You're a process improver who documents workflows that make it easier to identify gaps, instances of duplication of work, and overall process deficiencies
- You enjoy Identifying and implementing new systems and software that drive added value to the finance team and overall company
- You're a leader who develops an ongoing evolution of next generation reports, dashboards, analyses, processes and methodologies for assessing performance
- Strong operational mindset - understands how to work across the organization and partner with department leads on establishing processes and procedures
- An executor who works across multiple project deadlines, while managing stakeholder expectations and maintaining high quality of output
- A strategic planner with demonstrated experience executing on strategic plans
- A leader with strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Proactive and able to operate independently, as well as manage and motivate a team of finance professionals
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
100% Company paid Health/Dental/Vision benefits for you and your dependents
Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is authorized to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
Pryon is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.