New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
We’re a team of AI, tech, and language experts whose DNA lives in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every human language technology product on the market. Now we’re building an industry-leading knowledge management platform. Our proprietary, cutting-edge natural language processing capabilities transform unstructured data into meaningful experiences that increase productivity with unmatched accuracy and speed.
Pryon is seeking a Solutions Engineer who can balance technical expertise with strong interpersonal skills. This role is ideal for someone who is not only proficient in AI/ML/NLP and software development but also excels in client-facing situations. As a Solutions Engineer, you will lead technical activities with prospective customers and partners, develop and scope solutions, create custom demos, and lead customer trials. You will also be expected to identify technical risks, develop mitigation strategies, and provide feedback on product improvements.
The ideal candidate possesses strategic and analytical aptitude, software development expertise and excellent interpersonal skills. Candidates must also possess technical knowledge in the AI/ML/NLP space, as well as proven abilities to work jointly with software engineers, research scientists, and other subject experts.
A typical day might span discussing cloud architecture with engineers, wrangling customer data, coding a custom web app, presenting to customer executives, or establishing technical implementation strategies for your team.
In This Role, You Will
- Balance business and partner needs with technical constraints, develop innovative, cutting-edge solutions, and act as a partner and consultant
- Lead technical activities with prospective customers and partners - developing and scoping solutions, including proofs of technology, custom demos, and trials
- Build tools and automate products, oversee the technical execution and business operations of our products, as well as develop product strategy and prioritize projects and resources
- Continuously identify technical risks and gaps; devise mitigation strategies in anticipation of customer needs
- Explore, prototype, develop, and test new features and product enhancements
- Create and deliver product workshops, training, or demonstrations of advanced features of Pryon’s product
- Lead and develop implementation plans with Solutions Managers, Data Scientists (R&D), and Engineers to provide proof of value for prospective customers
- Provide feedback to engineers on product implementation, potential improvements, gaps, and alternatives during solution delivery
- Assist in product roadmap development by outlining client and prospect requirements and how they fit into market perspectives from product management
- Manage and support both internal and customer environments and infrastructure, debugging and resolving issues for cloud and on-prem deployments
What You'll Need to Be Successful:
- Preferred: Knowledge of development & deployment across multiple cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, VMWare and OpenStack
- Preferred: Understanding of service mesh frameworks (Istio), container systems (Docker), and orchestration platforms (ECS, Kubernetes, Mesos and/or Swarm)
- Preferred: Solid understanding of common machine learning techniques, applications, and trade-offs
- Preferred: Understanding of the competitive landscape in NLP and knowledge management platforms
- Preferred: Competency in public speaking and senior stakeholder interaction
- Preferred: Knowledge and experience building content repository API connections e.g. Sharepoint, Google Drive, Box, ServiceNow
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) field; graduate degree in STEM or business field preferred
- Ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Experience building and deploying AI-based enterprise applications
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience working on cross-functional teams and managing implementation and refinement of client requirements
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
100% Company paid Health/Dental/Vision benefits for you and your dependents
Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is authorized to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
Pryon is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.