Head of Corporate Sales
Sales & Business Development
Westport, CT, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Welcome to Pryon, a place for people who want to define the state of the art: real AI (oxymoron intended), developed by real pioneers, solving real problems of consequence. Our company was built by some of the most well-known experts in the field, whose DNA lives on in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every other AI product on the market. But the best part of the story is still to come: We’re creating a world-class culture fueled by intellectual curiosity and radical technology — to reduce the distance between knowledge and people.
We’re a team of AI, tech, and language experts whose DNA lives in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every human language technology product on the market. Now we’re building an industry-leading knowledge management platform. Our proprietary, cutting-edge natural language processing capabilities transform unstructured data into meaningful experiences that increase productivity with unmatched accuracy and speed.
Pryon is looking for a Corporate Sales Manager to lead our newly forming Corporate Sales team. In this role, you will lead two vital sales functions: Mid-Market Sales & Inside Sales. The role is a mix of sales leadership, corporate strategy, planning and enablement. The ideal candidate has a passion for hiring and developing successful sales teams, as well as setting them up for success in achieving their sales targets. Being successful in this role means maintaining an acute and constant focus on value selling – making the connection between our ground-breaking technology and solving for our clients’ business problems. If you are an individual who thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, high-growth environment where you are developing and executing deal strategies, leading and mentoring a team and collaborating cross-functionally with every area of the organization, then this is the ideal opportunity for you.
In This Role, You Will:
- Build a world-class Corporate Sales Team through diligent recruiting activities, hiring, training, optimizing and managing a growing team of Account Executives
- Lead the Mid-Market and Inside Sales teams, including personally driving sales deals, to contribute significantly towards Pryon Corporate sales targets. You will be a practitioner, not just an orchestrator, because you enjoy rolling up your sleeves and leading from the front in customer engagement
- Define activity and KPIs for the teams, inspect, measure, and report to the team and management
- Earn trust and collaborate with other Pryon leaders and peers to enhance mutual understanding and success for our teams and customers
- Work directly with Product, Product Marketing, and Demand Generation to develop industry and customer-focused campaigns and events
What You'll Need to Be Successful:
- 8-10 years of management experience within the technology industry in B2B direct sales - hands-on experience as an individual contributor in sales in addition to management would be helpful
- Strong analytical thinker with demonstrated command of metrics-driven sales models
- ML/AI understanding and fluency, Natural Language fundamentals as well as enterprise technology platform familiarity.
- Track record in building sales organizations and hiring and training diverse top talent with an inclusive culture
- Engaging and effective leadership, specifically the abilities to coach individual reps as well as to drive team motivation
- Strong career trajectory with a history of top new business performance in successive roles
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
100% Company paid Health/Dental/Vision benefits for you and your dependents
Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is authorized to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
Pryon is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.