Senior Machine Learning Engineer
At Mendel, we harness AI to revolutionize healthcare. Our ambition is to ensure every patient's journey informs healthcare decisions, optimizing treatment plans and promoting drug discoveries. Through comprehensive analysis of patient health records, we aspire to deliver timely and precise care. If you share our zeal for healthcare advancement through technology, let's reshape the future together.
About the Role
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, you will be a key member of our data team responsible for designing, building, and maintaining ML pipelines and services. Your primary focus will be on developing and optimizing ML training and inference pipelines, ensuring the availability, reliability, and accessibility to amplify the AI practitioner productivity and optimize the cycle time. You will work closely with product engineers, data scientists, analysts, and other stakeholders to support data-driven decision-making and business intelligence.
- Design, develop, and deploy machine learning models into production.
- Build robust ML training and inference pipelines using MLFlow and Kubeflow.
- Work closely with the data science team to implement their algorithms at scale.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the models.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field. Advanced degrees are preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in building ML training and inference pipelines using MLFlow, Kubeflow in GCP.
- Strong experience in machine learning frameworks, libraries, data structures, data modeling, and software architecture.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (e.g., Python, Java, Scala).
- Hands-on with machine learning algorithms, processes, tools, and platforms, including but not limited to Python, TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.
- Experience with cloud services (GCP, AWS, Azure).
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Data Quality and Governance: Implement data quality checks and data governance processes to maintain data accuracy and consistency. Ensure compliance with data privacy and security regulations.
- Performance Optimization: Optimize pipelines and queries for performance and scalability. Identify and address bottlenecks and inefficiencies.
- Collaboration and Communication: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including data scientists, analysts, and business stakeholders, to understand data requirements.
- Tool and Technology Evaluation: Stay up-to-date with data engineering best practices and emerging technologies. Evaluate and recommend tools and technologies that enhance data engineering capabilities.
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of data streaming technologies (e.g., Apache Kafka).
- Experience with ELT and ETL for feature extraction.
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI).
- Certification in relevant data engineering technologies.
In this role, you will play a critical part in shaping our data infrastructure and ensuring that data is available, reliable, and ready for analysis. Your expertise in data engineering will contribute to our organization's data-driven decision-making and overall success.
$170,000 - $230,000.00
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
Why should you join our team:
At Mendel, we believe in the transformative potential of technology. We offer a dynamic and rewarding work environment, competitive compensation, and comprehensive benefits. If you share our passion for innovation and making a difference in healthcare, Mendel could be the place for you. Join us as we work to improve the future of healthcare.
Mendel is a very collaborative environment. You will be taking ownership of your work and collaborate directly with different teams to see it going into production and used by customers. At the same time, you will be mentored by world class AI scientists, software engineers, and clinical and business leaders. Hear from our team here.