Customer Solutions Engineer
At Mendel, we harness AI to revolutionize healthcare. Our ambition is to ensure every patient's journey informs healthcare decisions, optimizing treatment plans and promoting drug discoveries. Through comprehensive analysis of patient health records, we aspire to deliver timely and precise care. If you share our zeal for healthcare advancement through technology, let's reshape the future together.
About the Role:
As a Solutions Engineer at Mendel, you will act as a trusted advisor to our customers, leveraging your technical skills and customer-facing prowess to provide demonstrations, proof-of-concepts, and other evaluation scenarios that drive business success. You'll play a pivotal role in interpreting our AI solution's capabilities to internal and external stakeholders. Reporting directly to the Head of Customer Solutions, your role is integral to deploying and successfully evangelizing Mendel’s product offerings for our customers. You must balance technical expertise with exceptional communication skills to ensure successful project execution and client satisfaction.
- Solution Engineers own the technical aspects of the pre-sales and post-sales cycles, designing and leading a tailored and business value-aligned technology evaluation and integration process
- Serve as our first line expert educators on the Mendel Platform
- Act as the primary customer-facing technical resource during technology evaluations and integrations
- Navigate customer's complex infrastructure landscape to extract data on-site and off-site
- Transform customer's data into formats compatible with Mendel's infrastructure, and vice versa
- Evaluate model performance on customer’s data and collaborate with AI to improve results
- Support successful technical execution of POCs and production implementations in Mendel including data ingestion, data processing, and data transformations & export
- Collaborate and maintain a close working relationship with cross-functional teams including product, engineering, AI,clinical and sales teams
- Develop tooling and playbooks to streamline or automate key pre-sales activities.
- 4+ years of experience in customer facing technical roles
- Strong engineering background, preferred in fields such as Computer Science, Software Engineering, and Data Science.
- A highly analytical mindset and eagerness to solve technical problems with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools.
- Knowledge of industry standard technologies in the Data Science and Machine Learning space
- Proficiency with one or more programming languages, such as SQL, Python, Java
- Proficiency in handling various data file formats such as JSON, XML, CSV, etc.
- Ability to collaborate effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals
- Experience collaborating with business stakeholders to ensure that machine learning solutions deliver successfully on business outcomes.
- Outstanding presentation skills to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos.
Nice to Have:
- Healthcare domain experience and handling EMR data will be a plus
- $140,000.00 - $170,000.00
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate’s hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
Why should you join our team:
At Mendel, we believe in the transformative potential of technology. We offer a dynamic and rewarding work environment, competitive compensation, and comprehensive benefits. If you share our passion for innovation and making a difference in healthcare, Mendel could be the place for you. Join us as we work to improve the future of healthcare.
Mendel is a very collaborative environment. You will be taking ownership of your work and collaborate directly with different teams to see it going into production and used by customers. At the same time, you will be mentored by world class AI scientists, software engineers, and clinical and business leaders. Hear from our team here.