Business Development Representative (BDR)
At Mendel, we harness AI to revolutionize healthcare. Our ambition is to ensure every patient's journey informs healthcare decisions, optimizing treatment plans and promoting drug discoveries. Through comprehensive analysis of patient health records, we aspire to deliver timely and precise care. If you share our zeal for healthcare advancement through technology, let's reshape the future together.
About the Role
Are you looking to join a highly ambitious, rapidly growing SaaS company and build a career in sales?
Are you looking for a company that will invest time in your development, support your professional growth, and listen to your ideas?
The Business Development Representative (BDR) is responsible for identifying and qualifying sales opportunities for the Mendel sales organization. There is not a high degree of technical knowledge required for this position. This position does lay the foundation for a successful SaaS sales career for those candidates who are willing to learn and work towards that goal.
This is not a remote position. The ideal candidate will need to be onsite/available in San Jose 5 days a week.
Your first 3-6 months
- Learn the Mendel product & messaging
- Learn the tools necessary to be successful
- Leverage every opportunity you can to learn the market and our business
- Consistently meet performance expectations and goals
Then 6-18 Months
- Continue to build a strong foundation in our product and the ecosystem around Mendel
- Become a “sales master” of qualification, relationship building, and communication skills
- Become a mentor to new team members. Show them the ropes and help them be successful just like we did for you when you started
- A desire to do and achieve brilliant things!
- Authentically curious, you love learning and improving yourself Integrity is fundamentally important to you
- You want to make a real difference
- You are naturally entrepreneurial
- You are an energetic, upbeat, and tenacious team player
Nice to Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related area
- Minimum 1-2 years career experience; preferably six-months experience in B2B software sales
- Track-record of top performance and exceeding expectations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to remain focused for long periods of time
- The ability to triage competing priorities
- Experience cold-calling and cold-emailing a plus
$80,000.00 - $100,000.00 + (Commission)
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
Why should you join our team:
At Mendel, we believe in the transformative potential of technology. We offer a dynamic and rewarding work environment, competitive compensation, and comprehensive benefits. If you share our passion for innovation and making a difference in healthcare, Mendel could be the place for you. Join us as we work to improve the future of healthcare.
Mendel is a very collaborative environment. You will be taking ownership of your work and collaborate directly with different teams to see it going into production and used by customers. At the same time, you will be mentored by world class AI scientists, software engineers, and clinical and business leaders. Hear from our team here.