Senior Software Engineer (Backend)
At Mendel, we are enabling different stakeholders in healthcare to make better decisions by learning from the journey of every patient— from a physician deciding on the best treatment for a patient to a pharma company discovering the next blockbuster drug.
In creating depth and breadth for a patient’s health record journey, Mendel enables the right care delivered at the right time to the right person. This is an incredible opportunity to join a unique vision to improve healthcare using AI technology.
About the Role:
We are looking for a highly skilled and experienced Senior Software Engineer (Backend) to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing scalable software solutions to meet the needs of our growing company. You will work closely with other developers, product managers, and stakeholders to deliver high-quality software products.
- Design, develop, and maintain backend software applications using modern programming languages and frameworks.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that software solutions meet the needs of the business.
- Write and maintain clean, well-documented code that is easy to understand and maintain.
- Develop and maintain unit and integration tests to ensure the reliability and stability of software applications.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with software applications in a timely manner.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure that code is of high quality and adheres to coding standards.
- Mentor and train junior developers on software engineering best practices.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in software development, with a focus on backend development.
- Experience developing microservices with high quality and at scale
- Experience with architecting, designing and implementing large scale distributed systems.
- Strong experience with at least one modern backend programming language such as Java, Python, or Node.js.
- Experience with database technologies such as SQL, NoSQL, and ORM frameworks.
- Strong understanding of software design principles, data structures, and algorithms.
- Experience with software development best practices such as Agile development, code reviews, and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
Nice to Have:
- Experience developing applied ML systems.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
$170,000.00 - $190,000.00
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
Why should you join our team:
Benjamin Franklin once said: “If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write something worth reading, or do something worth writing.” — at Mendel you can do the latter. There are two things more devastating than learning that you or your loved ones have a terminal illness; getting the wrong treatment or not finding any. At Mendel, we are on a sincere mission to solve many never-solved-before technology challenges that can enable prescribers and drug makers to do their best
Mendel is a very collaborative environment. You will be taking ownership of your work and collaborate directly with different teams to see it going into production and used by customers. At the same time, you will be mentored by world class AI scientists, software engineers, and clinical and business leaders. Hear from our team here