IUNU is seeking an experienced Installation Technician to support our Installation Team within the Customer Success (CS) Department. You will be responsible for the installation, calibration, repair, and maintenance of the hardware for IUNU’s LUNA Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Harvest Weight Capture (HWC).
IUNU (pronounced “you-knew”) is building the future of the controlled environment agriculture (CEA) industry. The company's AI-driven LUNA platform enables growers to develop a feedback loop between capturing data and managing processes to create precise, predictable production. We're a remote team headquartered in Seattle. An AI born in the heart of Seattle; trained in Silicon Valley and the greenhouses of Skagit Valley; and now accessible from everywhere.
You are a self-starter, customer-focused, and willing to do what it takes to make sure the customer’s voice is heard internally. You are passionate about your work and best practices. You can spot the strengths and weaknesses of an installation plan and make quick adjustments based on current conditions. You are a driver in a fast-paced environment and take initiative on long-term goals while achieving short-term objectives. You don't give up when faced with obstacles and are willing to do what it takes to be successful.
The Installation Technician will be responsible for completing the onsite installation activities from start to finish and ensuring that all installations are completed to the highest standards of quality, safety, and customer satisfaction.
Your duties will include traveling to customers' sites, both domestically and internationally, and installing electronic and mechanical equipment, troubleshooting issues with existing equipment, testing connections, and performing detail oriented documentation and reporting of site conditions and hardware/system health.
To ensure success as an installation technician, you should have sound electrical and mechanical knowledge, be able to climb ladders and work in confined spaces or at height for an extended period, have exceptional communication skills, and a passion for customer service. A first-class installation technician provides expert installation services and dedicated support to all customers.
You will work closely with the Project Manager and Installation Supervisor to ensure that all projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the satisfaction of IUNU and the customer. You will report directly to the Project Manager, and when you are onsite you will report directly to the Installation Lead unless the Project Manager is also onsite.
- Travel to customer sites, both domestically and internationally, for both short and long periods of time (from a day turn-around to weeks and months, until the project is complete)
- Installing and maintaining mechanical or system equipment such as track systems, mechanical mounts, cameras, lenses, sensors arrays, network equipment, etc.
- Troubleshoot and address issues as they arise onsite, including working with customers and maintenance teams to identify and fix issues
- Ensure that all installations are completed to the highest standards of quality, safety, and customer satisfaction
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment, including implementing and enforcing food safety procedures and guidelines
- Coordinate with the Project Manager and Installation Lead to ensure that all project requirements and timelines are met
- Communicate regularly with clients and Customer Success team to provide project updates and address any questions or concerns
- Ensure that all installation-related documentation, such as After Action Reports are completed accurately and on time
- Prepare and maintain project documentation, including progress reports, labor hours, inventory management, and project schedules
- 3+ years of proven experience in installation, construction, or a related field
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Proficient in the use of hand and power tools
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations and safety procedures
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Familiarity with construction processes, materials, and techniques
- Ability to work in sometimes harsh conditions (greenhouses are hot and humid)
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to crouch, kneel and work in confined areas or in a safety harness at height for extended periods
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Willing and able to travel for short and long periods of time (from a day turn-around to weeks to months, until the project is complete)
- Has or is willing to get OSHA certifications such a the 10-hour Construction Certification, Aerial and Scissor Lift Certification, and Forklift Certification within 10 days of start date
Nice to Have:
- A background in the indoor farming industry is valuable but not required
Location: Remote, United States, Canada, or Mexico
Salary: $20-$25/hour, depending on experience
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology
- Collaborative and supportive work environment
- Chance to make a real impact on our business
- Work onsite with some of the most advanced farming operations in the world
- Flexible work-from-home and flexible hours when not traveling for work
Diversity Equity and Inclusion
IUNU is committed to creating and maintaining a safe and inclusive workplace (virtual or in-person) in which all team members have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. We believe diversity and inclusion are important principles of sound business management and want teammates to feel comfortable bringing their whole selves to work with you, with all your talents and strengths.
Equal Employment Opportunity
IUNU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free from unlawful employment discrimination, retaliation, and harassment. All of our employment-related decisions are made without any unlawful consideration of age, gender, disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, status or service in the uniformed services, sexual preference or orientation, sexual stereotyping, genetic information, citizenship, race, color, national origin, religion, or any other factor protected by law.
This Equal Employment Opportunity Policy applies to all areas of employment including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, advancement, discipline, layoff, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment
IUNU expressly prohibits any form of unlawful team member harassment or discrimination based on any of the characteristics mentioned above and continuously reviews, evaluates, and monitors all personnel matters to ensure compliance with this policy.
IUNU takes seriously and will investigate promptly and thoroughly, all charges of alleged discrimination in employment and requires its team members to cooperate fully with the principles outlined in this policy through strict adherence to the above statements. Further, the company takes positive steps to eliminate any discrimination from its personnel practices in order to create an environment that encourages equal opportunity for all of its team members.