At Hayden AI, we are on a mission to harness the power of artificial intelligence and machine learning to transform the way governments and businesses address real-world challenges. From optimizing bus lane and bus stop enforcement to pioneering digital twin modeling and beyond, our innovative mobile perception system empowers our clients to accelerate transit, enhance street safety, and drive forward a sustainable future.
What the Job Involves
The Manager of Finance is a critical thought partner and plays a crucial role in supporting the strategic and operational objectives with responsibility for financial management, planning, and analysis. This role will lead budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling and analysis, and support of the operations for supply chain demand forecasting requirements. The Finance Manager is responsible for maintaining and refining the infrastructure and systems needed to support the organization's financial objectives by establishing and implementing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems within the Company’s ERP system. The Finance Manager will report to the Corporate Controller.
- Lead all aspects of financial planning and analysis for the organization including budgeting, variance analysis, forecasting, and supply chain purchasing requirements
- Translate the strategic plan to financial models, identifying financial implications, opportunities, and risks
- Assist with pricing analysis for new business opportunities in partnership with senior leadership and program leads
- Prepare all reporting requirements for operational updates, investor and quarterly board meetings that includes variance analysis in comparison to actuals along with key financial metrics
- Assist daily and month-end accounting to determine results, including P&L activity, balance sheet activity
- Serve as a proactive, responsive, and knowledgeable business partner with internal and external stakeholders.
- Integrate and maintain department budgets within NetSuite budgeting module
- Integrate demand forecast for supply chain management within NetSuite, specifically inventory consumption and purchasing requirements
- Drive the budgeting process by collaborating directly with key stakeholders within the company
- Support finance partners in implementing valuation models, measuring results, tracking performance vs. expectations, and providing recommendations for corrective action
- Provide insights about spending trends, cost-savings initiatives, and margin opportunities
- Oversee all financial aspects of performance-based contracts/grants, including budgeting, reporting, cash flow management and analytics models.
- Design and maintain financial dashboards to be used by management and staff.
- Design and lead the annual budgeting and planning process by engaging with the senior leadership team and key stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in finance or related field required
- 5-7 years of finance and accounting experience, specifically budgeting and forecasting
- Demonstrated successful track record in the hands-on work of financial management and accounting, including month-end closings, financial statement preparation, audits, financial planning and analysis, forecasting, and budgeting.
- Expertise in employing a complex chart of accounts and with advanced accounting software.
- Financial and business planning, budgeting, and analysis expertise. Ability to see beyond the numbers, using data to identify risks and opportunities.
- Exceptional relationship building, communications, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in effectively communicating financial data and insights in a digestible and actionable way.
- Ability to thrive in an evolving, fast-paced environment while performing tasks individually.
- NetSuite experience preferred but not required
Target Salary Range
- $130,000 - $160,000
- Company granted equity
- Company wide bonus program
There are endless learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group, including experts in a wide range of fields (AI, Computer Vision, Government Contracting, Systems & Device Engineering, Operations, Communications, and more!)
Just a few of our perks include:
- Options for 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Aflac Critical Illness, Accident Insurance & Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- MetLife Legal Plan(s) & Pet Insurance
- Farmers GroupSelect Auto & Home Insurance
- 401(k) with 3% company matching
- Professional development reimbursement
- Wellness stipends
- Unlimited PTO
- Hybrid work opportunities
- Home office & technology reimbursement
- Daily catered lunches in our San Francisco office
Hayden AI is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters learning from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination. Hayden AI is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
To all recruitment agencies: Hayden AI does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Hayden AI employees or any other company location. Hayden AI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.