Chief Financial Officer
At Hayden AI, we are on a mission to harness the power of artificial intelligence and machine learning to transform the way governments and businesses address real-world challenges. From optimizing bus lane and bus stop enforcement to pioneering digital twin modeling and beyond, our innovative mobile perception system empowers our clients to accelerate transit, enhance street safety, and drive forward a sustainable future.
We're at the forefront of revolutionizing our industry and on a mission to transform the way businesses operate, and we understand that financial leadership is crucial to our success. We are in a high-growth phase and we need a CFO who can guide us through the financial complexities of this stage. As our CFO, you'll play a central role in shaping the future of our organization, ensuring financial stability and supporting our growth plans.
- Supervise and optimize the financial operations to ensure the organization's financial health and stability.
- Provide strategic advice to the CEO on financial and business risks related to strategic initiatives.
- Assist the CEO in preparations for and during investor presentations.
- Handle analyst and investor inquiries confidently.
- Draw upon your IPO experience to develop an IPO roadmap and guide the company strategically through the potential IPO process.
- Strengthen the Accounting team, establish robust financial controls, and prepare the team for SEC reporting.
- Leverage your professional network to identify the ideal financial and banking partners, optimizing our debt position and securing adequate capital for growth initiatives.
- Collaborate with the executive team to make well-informed financial decisions and safeguard the organization's interests.
- Evaluate and manage all financial advisors and partners to ensure effective support for our financial operations.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Finance Director or CFO.
- A degree in Accounting is preferred, though Finance and/or Economics degrees will be considered.
- A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification is preferred; other financial certifications such as CA, CTA, or CFA will be considered.
- Proven experience leading a company from Series B to IPO as the CFO or Finance Director, with a track record of publishing 10Ks and 10Qs for the newly issued company.
- Comprehensive understanding of the IPO process, including compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and legal requirements.
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to instill confidence in the company's financial position and effectively address questions from analysts, the press, and investors, especially in fast-paced environments like financial roadshows.
- Proficiency in navigating complex financial debt instruments, spanning from venture capital to traditional capital-raising methods to support company growth.
- Preferred foundation in Big 4 Public Accounting experience.
- Strong financial acumen and the ability to make intricate financial information understandable to various stakeholders.
- Dedication to building trust and fostering strong relationships within the organization.
There are endless learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group, including experts in a wide range of fields (AI, Computer Vision, Government Contracting, Systems & Device Engineering, Operations, Communications, and more!)
Just a few of our perks include:
- Options for 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Aflac Critical Illness, Accident Insurance & Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- MetLife Legal Plan(s) & Pet Insurance
- Farmers GroupSelect Auto & Home Insurance
- 401(k) with 3% company matching
- Professional development reimbursement
- Wellness stipends
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote work opportunities
- Home office & technology reimbursement
- Daily catered lunches in our San Francisco office
Hayden AI is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters learning from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination. Hayden AI is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
To all recruitment agencies: Hayden AI does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Hayden AI employees or any other company location. Hayden AI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.