Software Engineer, Cloud
At Hayden AI, we are on a mission to harness the power of artificial intelligence and machine learning to transform the way governments and businesses address real-world challenges. From optimizing bus lane and bus stop enforcement to pioneering digital twin modeling and beyond, our innovative mobile perception system empowers our clients to accelerate transit, enhance street safety, and drive forward a sustainable future.
What the job involves
The Cloud Engineering team is crucial to the overall success of Hayden products. We own the Portal used directly by customers, internal tools that support company scaling, observability platform for thousands of devices deployed into the field, and numerous backend services that support our customer vehicle fleets. Scalability, reliability, and extensibility is the name of the game here.
As a member of the Cloud team you will
- Design and implement scalable services within our services architecture.
- Use cutting edge open source and AWS products (such as PostgreSQL, InfluxDB, AWS API Gateway, or AWS Lambda).
- Write clean, reusable, maintainable, and fault tolerant code using Golang and Python with little or no supervision.
- Participate in cross-functional requirements gathering, help align on approaches, and develop appropriate technical solutions pairing with senior team members.
- Work as part of an agile team, with focus on effective collaboration and communication with other engineers
- 2+ years of industry experience.
- Some experience with public clouds (we use AWS, but you can have other experience).
- Strong knowledge of one modern programming language. We use Golang and Python – you don’t need to know either, but you should want to learn them both!
- Some experience with databases: relational, time series, or document stores.
- Proven problem-solving skills; ability to take ownership of issues and driving towards resolution effectively.
- Being comfortable in an agile, fast-paced environment; desire to organize chaos and leave things cleaner than you found them.
Target Salary Range
- $100,000 - $140,000
- Company granted equity
- Company wide bonus program
There are endless learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group, including experts in a wide range of fields (AI, Computer Vision, Government Contracting, Systems & Device Engineering, Operations, Communications, and more!)
Just a few of our perks include:
- Options for 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Aflac Critical Illness, Accident Insurance & Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- MetLife Legal Plan(s) & Pet Insurance
- Farmers GroupSelect Auto & Home Insurance
- 401(k) with 3% company matching
- Professional development reimbursement
- Wellness stipends
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote work opportunities
- Home office & technology reimbursement
- Daily catered lunches in our San Francisco office
Hayden AI is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters learning from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination. Hayden AI is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
To all recruitment agencies: Hayden AI does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Hayden AI employees or any other company location. Hayden AI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.