Senior Software Engineer, Infrastructure
At Hayden AI, we are on a mission to harness the power of artificial intelligence and machine learning to transform the way governments and businesses address real-world challenges. From optimizing bus lane and bus stop enforcement to pioneering digital twin modeling and beyond, our innovative mobile perception system empowers our clients to accelerate transit, enhance street safety, and drive forward a sustainable future.
What the job involves
The Infrastructure Engineering team is crucial to the overall success of Hayden products: We own all the underlying fabric that connects thousands of devices deployed in the field with large scale cloud services and applications that interact with the data we collect from those devices. But that is not where the story ends, we are also responsible for the developer experience of every Hayden software engineer. If you are a true force multiplier, you will feel right at home in our team!
As a member of the Cloud team you will
- Define, build, and operate the next generation of the backbone for our services architecture that is in use by all cloud services and all software engineers.
- Build and operate our CI/CD system for physical devices and cloud services.
- Use infrastructure as code to operate multi-region AWS deployment at scale.
- Practice and enforce best DevOPS, SRE, and Security practices across the whole engineering team.
- Work cross-functionally to gather requirements, build consensus on approaches, and develop appropriate technical solutions.
- Model best practices in the team, and raise the bar on incident prevention, response, and remediation.
- 6+ years of industry experience.
- Deep knowledge of Amazon’s AWS ecosystem at scale, including but not limited to EKS, S3, SQS, RDS, Cognito, Lambda, etc.
- Strong understanding of best practices in the areas of Networking, Security, Distributed Compute, Storage, Observability, and Continuous Deployment.
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure as a code tooling, such as Terraform.
- Ability to analyze trade offs of different solutions, and make effective decisions on build vs. buy. Active participation in the open source community for the former, and vendor relationship management for the latter.
- Proven problem-solving skills; ability to take ownership of issues and driving towards resolution effectively.
- Being comfortable in an agile, fast-paced environment; ability to organize chaos and leave things cleaner than you found them.
Target Salary Range
- $150,000 - $180,000
- Company granted equity
- Company wide bonus program
There are endless learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group, including experts in a wide range of fields (AI, Computer Vision, Government Contracting, Systems & Device Engineering, Operations, Communications, and more!)
Just a few of our perks include:
- Options for 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Aflac Critical Illness, Accident Insurance & Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- MetLife Legal Plan(s) & Pet Insurance
- Farmers GroupSelect Auto & Home Insurance
- 401(k) with 3% company matching
- Professional development reimbursement
- Wellness stipends
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote work opportunities
- Home office & technology reimbursement
- Daily catered lunches in our San Francisco office
Hayden AI is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters learning from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination. Hayden AI is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
To all recruitment agencies: Hayden AI does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Hayden AI employees or any other company location. Hayden AI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.