Lead Mechanical Engineer
At Hayden AI, we are on a mission to harness the power of artificial intelligence and machine learning to transform the way governments and businesses address real-world challenges. From optimizing bus lane and bus stop enforcement to pioneering digital twin modeling and beyond, our innovative mobile perception system empowers our clients to accelerate transit, enhance street safety, and drive forward a sustainable future.
But we recognize that our technology is only as powerful as the expertise and dedication of our team members. As a Mechanical Engineering Lead at Hayden AI, your role is to design and guide development of our hardware product for computer vision and telemetry. You'll lead our hardware projects and engineers through the design process, from concept to manufacturing.
Join us, and together, we will push the boundaries of what is possible in mobile perception and shape the future of technology.
Who you are
- You possess a strong sense of leadership and teamwork, capable of designing, guiding and supporting a team of engineers to collectively achieve project goals.
- You thrive on problem-solving and innovation, with a hands-on approach to building and refining hardware products. Your reputation is built on your ability to creatively tackle engineering challenges and continuously improve solutions.
- You are a mechanical engineering expert who brings a practical understanding of electromechanical system and CAD development, able to oversee the complete design and engineering process with confidence.
Why you should join
- You'll be at the forefront of developing groundbreaking electromechanical systems for computer vision and telemetry.
- You'll have the chance to work on projects that have a real-world impact. Your contributions as a Mechanical Engineering Lead will directly influence the development of cutting-edge technology solutions.
- You’ll have a critical role in cultivating a collaborative and inclusive work environment that places a strong emphasis on mentorship and consensus-building.
You’ll get to
- Lead mechanical design of new products, driving innovation and excellence.
- Champion collaboration with cross-functional design, test, manufacturing and installation teams. Together, navigate the design process from concept to manufacturing.
- Create technical drawings, plans, and specifications. Perform design reviews and improve design
- Generate working prototypes for proof of concept and customer demonstrations
- Lead hands on involvement with building, debugging, and maintaining product builds.
- Develop test plans and processes, execute testing and guide validation of new designs
- Partner with vendors and contract manufacturers to fabricate mechanical parts and assemblies.
- Seek out opportunities to make things work better - it's about continuous improvement.
- Ensure deliverables for the project are on track and stays within project budget
- Take ownership of your part of the mechanical system, strive for performance and cost improvements, track and drive mechanical design process and compliance.
- A bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering with more than 6 years of design experience.
- Experience in successfully delivering hardware design and products.
- A history of owning product development, demonstrating your leading capabilities.
- Proficiency across diverse manufacturing processes, including CNC machining, die-casting, injection molding and 3D printing.
- Working knowledge of thermal design and simulation
- Very good understanding of automotive product development and related compliance needs.
- Strong knowledge of CAD design process and hands on CAD tools like SolidWorks.
There are endless learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group, including experts in a wide range of fields (AI, Computer Vision, Government Contracting, Systems & Device Engineering, Operations, Communications, and more!)
Just a few of our perks include:
- Options for 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Aflac Critical Illness, Accident Insurance & Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- MetLife Legal Plan(s) & Pet Insurance
- Farmers GroupSelect Auto & Home Insurance
- 401(k) with 3% company matching
- Professional development reimbursement
- Wellness stipends
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote work opportunities
- Home office & technology reimbursement
- Daily catered lunches in our San Francisco office
Hayden AI is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters learning from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination. Hayden AI is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
To all recruitment agencies: Hayden AI does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Hayden AI employees or any other company location. Hayden AI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.