Staff Software Engineer, Deep Learning
Welcome to Hayden AI, where the future is ours to make. From bus lane and bus stop enforcement to digital twin modeling and more, our clients use our mobile perception system to speed up transit, make streets safer, and create a more sustainable future.
Led by experts in AI, computer vision, data science, transportation, and government technology, Hayden AI is pioneering real world problem solving powered by AI and machine learning.
Our mobile perception platform is currently utilized by New York City’s MTA for automated bus lane enforcement. We recently raised $20 million in Series A funding and have been featured in Bloomberg CityLab, Forbes, Smart Cities Dive, and Politico.
Come join us, and help us build a vision-based data platform for smart enforcement and smart cities with our six core values in mind:
- Customer Focus
Senior/Staff Deep Learning Engineer
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Develop computer vision algorithms for object detection, tracking, semantic segmentation, and classification.
- Build and train deep learning models to enable complex urban scene perception and real-time analysis.
- Participate in end-to-end development: from problem statement, data aggregation, and annotation, through model design, experiments, and training, to the deployment of the optimized model on embedded platforms and iterative improvement automation.
- Automation of improvement cycles of DL models.
Summary of Qualifications:
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Robotics, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- Must have 8+ years of Expertise in deploying real-world applied computer vision (including deep learning models) on edge devices.
- Strong Python programming and software design skills, knowledge of C++.
- Familiarity with standard tools and libraries, e.g. Pytorch, OpenCV, Tensorflow, MLflow.
- Proven track record - significant industry experience and/or publications at venues such as ICRA, RSS, IROS, or CVPR.
- Experience in automated data annotation.
- Multi-task models training.
- Semi-supervised DL models training on video data.
- Experience in design of multi-modal DL models with temporal context and geometrical constraints.
- Understanding of optimization of DL models and deployment on embedded platforms such as the Nvidia Jetson.
- Experience in CUDA programming, low-level edge model optimization using e.g. TensorRT and similar tools.
- Experience in designing automated machine learning pipelines.
Target Salary Range:
- $160,000 - $210,000
- Company granted equity
- Company wide bonus program
There are endless learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group, including experts in a wide range of fields (AI, Computer Vision, Government Contracting, Systems & Device Engineering, Operations, Communications, and more)!
Just a few of our perks include:
- Options for 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Aflac Critical Illness, Accident Insurance & Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- MetLife Legal Plan(s) & Pet Insurance
- Farmers GroupSelect Auto & Home Insurance
- 401(k) with 3% company matching
- Professional development reimbursement
- Wellness stipends
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote work opportunities
- Home office & technology reimbursement
- Daily catered lunches in our Oakland office
Hayden AI is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters learning from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination. Hayden AI is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
To all recruitment agencies: Hayden AI does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Hayden AI employees or any other company location. Hayden AI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.