Staff Software Engineer, Cloud
Welcome to Hayden AI, where the future is ours to make. From bus lane and bus stop enforcement to digital twin modeling and more, our clients use our mobile perception system to speed up transit, make streets safer, and create a more sustainable future.
Led by experts in AI, computer vision, data science, transportation, and government technology, Hayden AI is pioneering real world problem solving powered by AI and machine learning.
Our mobile perception platform is currently utilized by New York City’s MTA for automated bus lane enforcement. We recently raised $20 million in Series A funding and have been featured in Bloomberg CityLab, Forbes, Smart Cities Dive, and Politico.
Come join us, and help us build a vision-based data platform for smart enforcement and smart cities with our six core values in mind:
- Customer Focus
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Architect, design, and develop web applications that employees and suppliers use.
- Develop backend stack of web applications using AWS Appsync, AWS API Gateway, Lambda functions, DynamoDB, and Elastic search.
- Use the AWS Amplify framework for designing, developing, and deploying artifacts to various environments.
- Work with product manager and business folks to gather requirements and develop technical solutions.
- Produce bulletproof code that is fault-tolerant, efficient, and maintainable.
- Work in agile teams in a collaborative manner.
- Collaborate and communicate with stakeholders.
- Develop, share, and enhance best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
Summary of Qualifications:
- 5+ years in a software developer position.
- Deep knowledge of Amazon’s AWS ecosystem.
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL models.
- Problem-solving skills, and ability to take ownership of issues.
- Knowledge of software development technologies, processes, and tools (i.e., Agile software development).
- Knowledge of web services / RESTful APIs.
Target Salary Range:
- $150,000 - $190,000
- Company granted equity
- Company wide bonus program
There are endless learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group, including experts in a wide range of fields (AI, Computer Vision, Government Contracting, Systems & Device Engineering, Operations, Communications, and more)!
Just a few of our perks include:
- Options for 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Aflac Critical Illness, Accident Insurance & Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- MetLife Legal Plan(s) & Pet Insurance
- Farmers GroupSelect Auto & Home Insurance
- 401(k) with 3% company matching
- Professional development reimbursement
- Wellness stipends
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote work opportunities
- Home office & technology reimbursement
- Daily catered lunches in our Oakland office
Hayden AI is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters learning from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination. Hayden AI is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
To all recruitment agencies: Hayden AI does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Hayden AI employees or any other company location. Hayden AI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.